Eldee-Champion



Official Sponsor-AfricanLoft



Blogville Idols


Diary Of a G...




Clix & Get to Know d Contestants...

2nd corinth 5:17
(DScRIBE)


Mimi


d Last King of Scotland


Naija Dude


Nigerican


Chicala


AbujaBabe


I'm a babe


Sparkle


Everybody loves a Naija girl


Idemmili


Bobby Taylor


Diary of a G


TaureanMinx


Lurlar


Saturday, June 30, 2007
Interview with the Finalists

(JUDGES COMMENTS HERE)



WHO IS TAKING HOME THE CROWN?Is it the very fashionable Miss MIMI or our very own umbrella -ela-eh girl DSCRIBE!!!we do not know that just yet...but here are some things u can find out about the finalists!


So we sent our correspondent Madam Amebo to the Four seasons hotel in Los Angeles(where we lodged our contestants) to interview the finalists...and they let us take a sneak peep into their lives...

2nd Corinth's (DSCRIBE) interview
Dsribe walks into the room with this quiet but confident pose.She flashes the coreespondent a bright smile and introduces herself!

Wat is ur name? My real name??? Lawl Lawl Lawl, BEG ME...!!! he he Afambu Nwabundo Onyeabo (Nwando)

Which country are u based in? Unired States of Emehric

why did u enter the contest? I LOVE to sing!!! and it was a welcome distraction 4rm the daily hustle
Was there ever anytime you felt like backing out of the contest? Yes, when Bobby left... (awwww)
wat has it being like been a contestant and a finalist at that? HEHEHE, I feel like I'm in an interview, lol!!! okay ummm, (with ame. accent) Its been a pleasant experience, there were up times, downtimes, "i didn't think I will make it" times (sparkle's voters). All in all, I feel blessed, loved and appreciated

did u take the contest serious? HELL YEAH!!! I even upset my sisters with my continous singing (Practice)

You have loads of fans now and they'd like to know stuff about you? I have loads of fans??? U've got 2 be kidding!!!

i)what is ur favorite food I don't have JUST one!! Beans, Indomie, Plaintain, Ofe Oha (mmmmhhhhh um um)
ii)Ur favorite color ummmmm, u choose...
iii)Your favorite musician My father, lol
iv)Your favorite movie I love 9ja movies, but I'm dancing btw SARAFINA and SOUND OF MUSIC

When sud we expect your album? Hopefully 2008, I'm currently planning some collabos with some 9ja artistes tho' (hehe)

Describe yourself in one sentence I am a fun, dedicated, focused, passionate, intelligent, evil-hating Child of God

Any last words for your fans? Jesus RULES and He loves YOU dearly!!!!! Don't be a stranger 2 my blog and Have faith.. An achiever is a believer FIRST!! I truly LOVE you all!!!

Correspondent:Thank you very much Dscribe,its been a pleasure talking to you!good luck in the competition!


Mimi's interview

Mimi sashays into the room ,wearing Gucci sunglasses,a white Deola Sagoe tank top piped with grey ankara fabric at the hemlines,grey DKNY linen shorts and a pair of white Christian Louboutin patent leather platforms,she gingerly drops her grey Yves Saint Laurent beach bag and other shopping bags..She looks and acts like a DIVA! she takes of her sunglasses and her explains she went shopping !

Wat is ur name? Mimi
Which country are u based in? London
why did u enter the contest? It was for fun and I do sing in my choir so I didnt think it would be a bad idea, plus Pink-satin begged me too :)

Was there ever anytime you felt like backing out of the contest? LOL. NO!

wat has it being like been a contestant and a finalist at that? Wow, what can I say, I feel like Jennifer Hudson in dreamgirls, I feel like Halle Berry winning the oscar, I feel like Arnorld when he became the governor, I know I haven't won (i'm counting on my fans to make this happen, i love you guysssssss!) but really, I am that happy :)

did u take the contest serious? I did because I take everything I lay my hands on seriously. I may have 'acted' up a few times with my sashaying here and there, but that was all for the fun of it

You have loads of fans now and they'd like to know stuff about you? First of all I want to let them know that their time spent voting for me means so much to me, you guys mean so much and i say a big THANK YOU, about me, I am really a sweet girl who is peaceable and believes in all things fair, so may the best woman win! but my fans, you guys are simply A-MAZING!

i)what is ur favorite food I dont have one because I believe in variety being the spice of life

ii)Ur favorite color Same goes for this

iii)Your favorite musician Same goes for this

iv)Your favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption and Pursuit of Happyness - Its a tie between them

When sud we expect your album? As soon as Beyonce retires :) or as soon as Simon Cowell gets wind of this competition and gives me a call

Describe yourself in one sentence WOMAN


Any last words for your fans? Can I ever stop thanking you? I dont think so! THANK YOU SO MUCH. and lastly, I want to thank my biggest fan, God, who fortunately I'm also His Biggest Fan. I love you!!!!

Correspondent: Tanx for your time Mimi,it was nice hanging out with you!good luck

*************VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE NOW*****************








Labels:

35 Comments:

once again
FIRST!!!

June 29, 2007 at 9:28 PM  

mehn
y'all need to give me an award for this
and I'm SECONDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!
whoo hoo

June 29, 2007 at 9:28 PM  

I don't want to get banned from dis page..but I'm
THIRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
ok, I dey go sleep b4 dem con use secutiry throw me out

June 29, 2007 at 9:30 PM  

but b4 I carry my wahala go
spare a brother now..ehn
see as Pink Satin, Opeke, Mimi and Dscribe dey look hot

see my brotha Ugo Daniel...him look like CAC pastor for real..

abeg he fine pass dat now, c'mon putting a brother on d spot like dat...pls make him look fly
show off d 2pack...I mean 6pack
lol

June 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM  

awwwww, the interviews!!!
Mimi goodluck joo, I believe u are a very nice person... these ur fans are almost tryna create enmity....

June 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM  

SPARKLE! SPARKLE! na wa for you oh. are you camping out like the iWait people ni? iDol? LMO! ok jus got up, its 6am would leave the house soon and wont be back till late again. how sad is that?but anyway i am going for an amazing seminar so i cant complain he he.

hey dscribe, enmity ke? me i no feel anything oh.abeg na only competition,no one can take my joy away men, its deep deep inside the corners of my heart,will they do operation to take it out?? already gave a shout out to you on my song wishing you luck!!!!

PinkPeke, lol i must give my daily dues to you guys again oh,kudos. Ugo, i will still say your blue hair aint heazy at all! Judgess, I am still waiting, and my lovely
FROM THE SIDELINES< here is a note to you...WHERE R U? seriously!

ok so i noticed they said describe yourself in a sentence (he he he) but i wrote a word, thats cos i thought it was describe yourself in a word, anyway, I am woman, in every sense of the word..the way God intended it to be!

TO MY FANS! I LOVE U ALL! THANK U. I HAVENT CHECKED THE RESULTS YET,BUT WHATEVER IT IS I LOVE U ALL...

i'll come back if i have more comments

Ex-contestants, where are you guys now, we miss u! or i miss u sha...

June 29, 2007 at 10:47 PM  

lollllll pinkpeke, i am not a diva ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... lol han han, you portrayed me like one mariah carey lol its all good jare, i called for it with my sashaying about....but i like your ensemble for me sha...i dont know if the colour corresponds cos i was half awake(did u even pick colour?blank look), i'll go back to check :)

June 29, 2007 at 10:58 PM  

I can't keep these groupies off me

June 30, 2007 at 12:03 AM  

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

June 30, 2007 at 2:16 AM  

dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi, dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi,dscribe,mimi,dscribe.......ok enuff madness jare. Mehnnnnnn....when are you guys signing autographs na? You ladies rawkkkkkkkkk, honestly i dnt even know who to vote 4.....so may d best voice win sha. Am still a big fan of both of u sha.Stay blessed

June 30, 2007 at 2:59 AM  

sparkle wetin be this!go sleep now!or go shopping jare!

June 30, 2007 at 4:27 AM  

What gonna happen after the Contest is over?
what we gonna do?
where we gonna go?

only one person is gonna be truly
happy

I wonder who.........

June 30, 2007 at 4:32 AM  

abi Diary i wonder what we will do around blogville o...

June 30, 2007 at 5:05 AM  

where r all our judges now? Please keep voting DSCRIBE!!!
where r my manners? Eka le oh

June 30, 2007 at 6:32 AM  

dscribe abi dscript..i believe it is Ekaro...i think some aliens kidnapped all d judges!!!

June 30, 2007 at 6:36 AM  

lol, oh pardon moi... I like 2 feel diverse, hehe... Ekaro oh!! Otutu oma!!! Bonjour ummmm sorry if i didn't get ur language..

JUDGES oh JUDGES!! I call you on 4m outta space....COME BACK 2 EARTH!!!!!!

June 30, 2007 at 6:46 AM  

@Lurlar... Hmmmm, u raised a good point there.. Autographs... I have 2 consult with our able Ugo, see hw I could make it work 4 u...

June 30, 2007 at 6:47 AM  

whoa what a contest! both interesting voices and hard to choose. may the best woman win. im still here blogville and willing to lend my skills the next time the opportunity arises. stop by my blog and leave me a message yall!

June 30, 2007 at 7:12 AM  

heytlk nice to hear 4rm u again!

June 30, 2007 at 7:16 AM  

Lol Pink Satin......i loff ur eefini gown.

June 30, 2007 at 8:41 AM  

lurlar tanx for liking my effeni gown!LAWL

June 30, 2007 at 8:56 AM  

I wonder how the 2 contestants feel
right about now`

June 30, 2007 at 3:41 PM  

i just came in after a long day, and illleave my judgement here quickly :

Mimi: Wasnt sure about hero, but u rocked the other songs

Dscribe: that first song wasnt it at all, but the abide with me was stunning.

its hard to know who will win, u have both done an OUTSTANDING job to come this far, and so for that , i say congratulations cos you are both winners!!

to all those who participated, WELL DONE!! pink satin and opeke- big up!! well done and it was fun doing this!! luv u all

June 30, 2007 at 4:24 PM  

hey mim we beg una make una leave voice comment for the judging as this na season finale..but its all good girl..tanx for participating..have a good weekend

June 30, 2007 at 4:47 PM  

Mimi - First, thanks for the acknowledgement earlier. Having been more critical than complimentary of your singing to now, I am not sure I deserved it, but I appreciate it nonetheless. Your crystal clear and innocently sweet voice is the hallmark of your singing and what makes listening to you so enjoyable. In this final round, you sang well and with confidence. The lightness of the first song, "I Love Your Smile", I think better suited your voice and syllabic style. I would say your best moment in this competition was when you sang the beginning of the chorus ("cause I love your smile") followed by the "do, do, do, do, dooooo, do, do . . . " That just made the song! In the more weighty second song, "Hero", you were required to hold some of the notes almost to breathlessness, and in these instances you would usually drift off key, sounding as if the note was about to snap from being stretched to such painful lengths. In fact, your tendency to be off key a bit too often as notes were being extended has been my main criticism of your singing throughout the competition. Of course, it may be that my ears are turning to tin . . . so perhap it is me that should be criticised and not you. Overall though, it has been a pleasure to listen to you. The energy, style and, most importantly, joy you bring to each performance has been infectious. I always feel happier after listening to you than before.

dScribe - Those who commented that you were weak this round are just wrong. There was absolutely no need for you to apologise. The first song that you sang, "Abide With Me", suffered from a few technical problems (either snapv!ne, your microphone or your internet connection) but even they could not prevent your beautiful mellismatic voice from shining through. I rarely listen to gospel/Christian music, but I would more often if it were you singing it. I am unfamiliar with the second song, "Nfana Ibaga" (?), and unfortunately, snapv!ne would not, despite repeated efforts, let me listen to it to the end, but I did hear enough to say that the style in which you sang it would have made the great Harry Belafonte proud. I really don't think you can do wrong. If I were in the music business, I would sign you to a recording contract right now.

June 30, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

from the side line has spoken..tanx

June 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 30, 2007 at 8:35 PM  

awwwwwwwww, from the sidelines, I am EVER SO GRATEFUL for your honesty... I thot it was just me who felt like I was being crucified 4 no reason...
Still don't 4get me if u ever get into music..
VOTE 4 DSCRIBE Y'ALL!!!!

June 30, 2007 at 8:36 PM  

Hi guys! Just dropping by this morning to greet you all!

Hope you're doing great! i am oh! never been better sef.

THANKS GUYS! PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR ME!

June 30, 2007 at 11:24 PM  

from the sidelines :) thanks for heeding my call oh. i was wondering where you were. as always, thank you for your comment,somehow i smile even when you criticize me..

and as per the joy....its cos it really flows from my heart :)

PinkPeke, wasssssssssup

Ex-contestants, welcome bak!

Judges, good to have you back!

Ugo and Cheetarah, where are you?

FANS, I LOVE U ALL!

June 30, 2007 at 11:26 PM  

dis mimi dey really feel like superstar o

July 1, 2007 at 4:39 AM  

Ugo is always around, always on top of things...no long tin.

July 1, 2007 at 4:54 AM  

G's around

July 1, 2007 at 4:57 AM  

pinksatin sef is always around...no long thing!nothing dey happpen...LAWL LAWL..

@ ugo howfar..howz ur weekend?

July 1, 2007 at 5:27 AM  

Hey Pinky, i'm cool. You know we we roll ;)

July 1, 2007 at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home